Translate

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A rainy walk to Markeaton Park

I took a five-mile walk this morning. My first stop was the Orangery at Markeaton Park.



It was closed for the season, but a friendly couple told me about a tearoom just beyond the park at the Home Farm.

A cottage near the park entrance:




Around the corner was the Home Farm, where you can order your Christmas Turkey or Goose.


The rain was coming down hard at this point, and I was cold, so I was glad to find the tea room. Inside a nice fire was going in the stove.


I had a pot of tea and a scone with jam and butter.


I then headed back to town and bought some books at Waterstones, and an egg and cress sandwich and some crisps at Tescos.

Back in the room I peeled off my wet layers -- jacket, down vest, and sweater--and hung them up to dry, and polished off my lunch. Now I'm about ready to bury myself under four layers of blankets and look at the books.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brian said...

Will put that tea room on the google map. www.markeaton.info
thanks